The Historic Mansion
BERGMAN MANSION » History
Famous Doors of Des Moines BERGMAN MANSION (Formerly “Herndon Hall”) 2000 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa
Herndon Hall was built in 1883 by Attorney Jefferson Polk who named the home after his wife Julia Herndon. It housed 3 Catholic Bishops, a clothing store, and was the National Headquarters for Better Homes & Garden Real Estate Service. Currently, it is owned by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Ronald S. Bergman and houses his Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery practice.