Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs
When it comes to cosmetic surgery and other types of cosmetic procedures, many people who consider these issues confront a number of questions for which finding the right answers can often be extremely difficult. As such, the experienced and knowledgeable team at Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery has put together the following list of frequently asked questions and their answers in an effort to better inform patients and potential patients of their options regarding plastic surgery and other cosmetic treatments.
If your question isn’t here or if you would like to speak with a member of our professional staff, call (515) 222-1111 to get the answers you need.
- Are Botox injections painful?
- Are Botox injections safe?
- Are silicone breast implants safe?
- Can I drive after having plastic surgery?
- Can I smoke after a plastic surgery procedure?
- Can I still take prescription or over-the-counter medication before a surgery?
- Can you provide male breast reduction surgery?
- Does microdermabrasion really work?
- How long does it take to recover from most body contouring procedures?
- How long should I wait after a mastectomy to have breast reconstruction surgery?
- How long should I wait to eat after a procedure?
- How should I prepare for a laser hair removal procedure?
- If I undergo facial reconstruction surgery, how long will my recovery time be?
- Is plastic surgery usually covered by health insurance?
- Is there an age limit for plastic surgery?
- Should I still have a procedure if I get a cold or flu before my procedure date?
- What kind of results can I expect with laser hair removal?
- What kinds of reconstructive procedures are available at Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery?
- When can I exercise again after undergoing cosmetic surgery?
- Who is liposuction recommended for?
- Why should I consider BOTOX?
- Will microdermabrasion require me to spend time recovering?